Lifeguard VR Training
The Red Cross is excited to announce its award-winning Virtual Reality (VR) Scanning Simulation as an optional way to deliver content for the Lifeguarding Program.
Lifeguard VR Virtual Scanning Simulator is Designed to:
Bring real-world scenarios to the classroom. Lifeguard Instructors and supervisors are now able to provide dynamic scenarios set in a realistic pool environment to analyze:
- Surveillance and scanning skills to improve learning outcomes
- Recognition of drowning response and reinforce skills taught
- Support first aid skills
- Identify patrons who need help
Track progress with performance metrics to improve skills. The Lifeguard VR app includes performance metrics includes lifeguard trainee scanning heatmap data, quiz and identification metrics from the scenarios and ability to view performance results.
Our New Cutting-Edge VR App Features Dynamic Scenarios and Simulates:
- Typical water/environment behavior
- Drowning behavior and continuum of drowning event within the time of situation
- Activity in the environment (e.g., other patrons/swimmers)
- Lifeguard positioning to zone areas. Large enough area to require head and eye moment to challenge and be realistic
- Obstructions such as backstroke flags, lane ropes, starting blocks, floating features, spray features
- Randomization of character appearance in scenarios
- Improved lifeguard competency at all levels of training
A 5-Time Award Winning Product
Reimagine the Way You Teach and Prepare Your Lifeguards
Existing Red Cross Training Providers
For more information on how to include this new optional educational method in your American Red Cross Training Program, existing customers can log into the Red Cross Learning Center and navigate to Instructor Lifecycle > Program Updates.
New Training Providers
If you are interested in becoming a Red Cross Training Provider to teach Lifeguarding and Water Safety, please contact us.